“You teach who you are.” – Parker Palmer (Identity & Integrity of a Teacher)

In this section of the e-portfolio, teacher candidates in EDUC 405 are asked to find an artefact or exemplar from coursework or practicum experience that best exemplifies their understanding of the the Professional Standards for BC Educators (2019). In EDUC 796, graduates students from the Special Education program are to identify exemplars from coursework under the categories of Research, Theory, and Practice to respond to a self-identified guiding question.

I took the opportunity to look a back at my professional practice, predominantly in teacher education, that best exemplifies my understanding of the professional standards. I have recently completed this exemplar portfolio in 2022/2023 and hope to add to this portfolio over time to maintain my reflective practice and inquiry through portfolios, but also highlight aspects of my career in BC Education and higher education. It’s been an excellent opportunity to reflect on my practice.

A link to the Professional Standards for BC Educators (2019) for your reference.

Love this. Made by “the kid” when she was exploring ADST, autodidactism, and makerspace.